
Some of the best advice I have ever received is to just sleep. If it's at night and I feel distraught, anxious or sad and feel the need to "fix" whatever is bothering me by making a decision or confronting someone, I go to sleep. Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is to just turn off and see if you still feel that way in the morning. Chances are you will feel the need to handle the situation in a different manner, or having gone through with it, you will want to apologize or take back choice words.
At night there is a tendency to be more reactive to events that you usually wouldn't respond to in the same manner if you had been well rested. It's just harder to regulate your emotions and keep composure when you're exhausted. So put down your phone, stop the dramatic text messages and stalking people on face book.
This all goes to show you how important getting adequate sleep is, and the effect it can have on your life-- Even if nothing dramatic is going on, SLEEP helps you be the best person you can be. Your mood is better. You feel refreshed. You can face the new day with a more positive outlook and studies have shown that you perform better.
I'm going to sleep....I got in UTHSC Houston : ) I don't know what to do because we can't really move. I'm thinking cheap apartment? Roommate? Cardboard box since I'll really be living in the library? I'm going to sleep on it though : )
ReplyDelete